This article provides some interesting stats about envelopes. Adding colorful text and images increases its open rate by nearly 70%! Have you noticed the envelopes Dollar Bill sends out their invoices in? All of that printing is done in-house too!
-Courtesy of www.print.org/GraphicNews.cfm
Drive Holiday Shoppers to your Website with Direct Mail
"Along with increased spending, holiday shoppers are going to be using every efficient means with which they can acquire their purchases. This includes the convenient use of smartphones and heavy webpage surfing. There are many ways to draw customers in through direct mail with QR and bar codes, making direct mail anything but obsolete. QR codes can be scanned with smartphones that link to businesses' websites..."
Read entire article courtesy of equities.com
Postcards are one of the cheapest ways to send direct mail. With the right planning and execution in message and design - you can have results that you can measure.
The Post Office reports that postcards are read up to 6 times more often than other forms of direct mail. Combined with our lower cost of mailing and production, this can add up to a winning marketing campaign for less money.
Here are some things to consider:
- Keep it simple. Don't try to stuff too many ideas in the card. A clean design and message means the customer will have an easier time digesting the message. A humorous message that speaks to the needs of the customer is much more likely to be saved and acted upon than a dry statement of facts.
- The rule of 3's - When you start a postcard campaign - have the plan in place to follow thru on it. You need to hit the customer at least 3 times before you can expect results to really come thru. One of the great things about postcards is the ability to create a response-tracking feature in the card. You can do this very simply with a special.
- Size and weight - Consider larger and/or heavier cards to make yours stand out from the stack of mail that shows up every day.
- Tuning - you can use postcards in several phases - try them out on a new target audience with a small test run and then go after the rest of the target market after you know you have a winning message. Leave them wanting more - Don't try to answer all of their questions in a postcard - give them a reason to call or visit your website.
- Be colorful - Full Color compared to B & W - not much more expensive when you consider the cost of postage and has much more impact.
Call us today and we can help you get going.