Postcards are one of the cheapest ways to send direct mail. With the right planning and execution in message and design - you can have results that you can measure.
The Post Office reports that postcards are read up to 6 times more often than other forms of direct mail. Combined with our lower cost of mailing and production, this can add up to a winning marketing campaign for less money.
Here are some things to consider:
- Keep it simple. Don't try to stuff too many ideas in the card. A clean design and message means the customer will have an easier time digesting the message. A humorous message that speaks to the needs of the customer is much more likely to be saved and acted upon than a dry statement of facts.
- The rule of 3's - When you start a postcard campaign - have the plan in place to follow thru on it. You need to hit the customer at least 3 times before you can expect results to really come thru. One of the great things about postcards is the ability to create a response-tracking feature in the card. You can do this very simply with a special.
- Size and weight - Consider larger and/or heavier cards to make yours stand out from the stack of mail that shows up every day.
- Tuning - you can use postcards in several phases - try them out on a new target audience with a small test run and then go after the rest of the target market after you know you have a winning message. Leave them wanting more - Don't try to answer all of their questions in a postcard - give them a reason to call or visit your website.
- Be colorful - Full Color compared to B & W - not much more expensive when you consider the cost of postage and has much more impact.
Call us today and we can help you get going.